I’m going to let you in on a little secret…. I really do not like cooking but I need no convincing when it comes to baking.
I bake these beauties at least every second weekend and they are usually gone by the Monday. Who can blame them (us), they are delicious!
Crispy golden treats that are perfect for teatime, that are lunchbox friendly and make awesome home made gifts for friends and family.
This is a super simple recipe. Bakes in 15 minutes and your kids can get involved.
Crispy Golden Oat Crunchies
Serves: 25 cookies
1 cup oats· 1 cup flour· 1 cup coconut· 1 teaspoon of cinnamon · 1 cup brown sugar · 125 g butter· 2 T golden syrup· 1 T hot water · 1 t Bicarbonate of soda Optional: almonds, flaxseed and raisins
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and line baking trays with baking paper or butter. Set aside.
- Place the oats, flour, coconut and cinnamon into a large bowl and combine.
- On the stove, on a low heat melt your sugar, butter and syrup. Combine the water and bicarb and add to the butter mixture.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined and a sticky dough is formed.
- Make rounds and flatten slightly. Arrange on the prepared tray. (They spread quite a bit)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool.