The promise of glowing skin, increased energy, stronger nails and thicker hair ….. Yes please! Who wouldn’t want that?? 🙂
The hype around collagen made me both eager and anxious to get my hands on it. I mean, does it really work? After months of researching I eventually decided to try Collagen as the last step in my postpartum hair-loss journey to see if it really was worth the hype. (I shared my postpartum hair loss in a post here: http://lanesofgrace.co.za/2019/11/05/lets-talk-hairloss-veaudry-mystyler-review/)
Next I had to find an affordable product, there were so many on the market but I had a budget to consider. The only way I could justify spending money on this trial was to replace it with something else on my budget. My main motivation was hair growth but with the promise of increased energy levels I decided to stop buying my multivitamin for two months and to buy the collagen instead. After many hours of searching and comparing prices, I came across Evogenic. They believe that looking after your health shouldn’t be considered a luxury and it should not have to cost an arm and a leg. Therefore, they pride themselves on the delivery of high-quality products at the most affordable prices. I purchased the 1kg tub and waited in anticipation for my order to arrive. I was one step closer to that mermaid hair.
My order arrived a few days later and so did my new routine of adding collagen powder in my morning coffee and my evening tea. They suggest you start off with 5g and build up to 30g but I considered myself an extreme case and started with 10g a day. I tried it in coffee, tea, smoothies, protein shakes and juice. The powder doesn’t dissolve well in cold liquids and I definitely prefer it in coffee or blended in a smoothie. There is a slight beefy taste so if you prefer the tasteless option, try the Agglomerated collagen.
I started this ‘experiment’ with very realistic expectations and only really expected to feel and see results after 2 months (this is how long a 1kg tub will last you). So I was very pleased that within the first 2 weeks I noticed some changes. But here are a few significant changes I noticed by the end of the 8 weeks.
- I wasn’t experiencing the 3pm “dip” in energy and I was feeling much fuller during the day.
- My nails were stronger. They are less brittle and growing faster than usual.
- Sweeter sleep. This one surprised me the most and also the reason I will continue to take collagen was the fact that I was SLEEPING so much better. I bought it to promote hair growth and energy and here I was sleeping like a baby – haha. I fell asleep much faster in the evening, and even though I was up around 3 to 4 times with my younger 2 children, I fell asleep instantly. For me that was huge. In the past I would lie awake for hours after getting up for my kids and woke up exhausted every morning.
- Substantial hair growth. My hairdresser can vouch for that! My only hair issue at the moment is how to tame the ‘baby hair’ growth.
I have since started on my second tub of Collagen and this will continue to be a part of my daily routine. I look forward to more positive health benefits and hopefully soon my wrinkles will be looking smoother 🙂
Want to know more about Collagen and where to get hold of Evogenic, read on.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein that is found everywhere in your body, in the skin, joints, tendons, ligaments, bones and connective tissue. It’s a structural protein that acts as a glue to help bind the whole body together. It is needed for just about everything from skin to connective tissues. Unfortunately, as we get older, the natural levels of collagen start breaking down and declines drastically. And hello, fine lines, sagging skin and creaky joints.
Collagen as a supplement, is the product of raw materials such as bovine hide and bones and then put through the process if hydrolysation, making it easier for the body to use and absorb.
What are the Benefits of Collagen
- anti-aging – smooths out wrinkles and fine lines
- Suppresses appetite
- Aids weightloss
- Improves skin hydration
- Strengthen hair and nails
- Reduces inflammation
- Maintains and supports healthy joints
- Regulates hormones
The recommended daily dose of collagen is 30grams a day (3/4 tablespoons) which is around 108kcal, is needed to feed your body, the correct mg of amino acids that it needs, not only to be healthy but to start to regenerate depleted collagen and amino acid supplies. Here are some tips from Evogenic.
- Each person is different so please feel free to contact Evogenic or do your research with regards to how much you should take a day to see the results you desire. Always consult your health care practitioner before supplementing with any health product. In our experience we found it is best to start at a very low dose such as 5grams and increase weekly by 1 teaspoon until you reach 30grams a day, to prevent any digestion issues. (The period that it takes to make this adjustment is different for each person. If you fine your tummy is sore, drop back down to your previous amount for a few days.)
- The collagen can be consumed in any way, but in our experience, we found that mixed in smoothies and fruit juice to be the most pleasant
- To dissolve your collagen, combine your dose with some warm, not hot water before adding it to your food.
- It is a good idea to add a daily supplement of Vitamin C to your diet as Vitamin C helps the body with absorbing the collagen.
- It is also good to re-adjust your protein intake as collagen is very high in protein so it great for keto and banting diets.
If you have more questions, please feel free to email Ashleigh at: email@example.com
*After purchasing my first tub, Evogenic kindly sponsored my second order. Thank you!
USE at your own Risk: The purpose of this blogpost is to share my own experience and opinions. Always consult your health care practitioner before supplementing with any health product.